- Residential Dining
- Curry Dining
- Cafés & Restaurants
- H3: Food Truck
- Rebecca's Catering
- Gluten Free Options
- Halal Options
- Kosher Options
- Vegan & Vegetarian Options
- Search Foods
- Meal Plans
- News & Events
- Xhibition Kitchen
- About Us
Here at Northeastern University, Dining Services strives to continually become greener and more sustainable by implementing programs to create a greener campus. We believe that the health of our eco-system is directly connected to the health of our communities and the people who live in them. Acting responsibly is part of our DNA and we are committed to offering foods that are earth, body and community friendly. We are very proud of our efforts and accomplishments to date and will continue to seek out ways to contribute to a greener campus.
We are excited to announce our new partnership with Niman Ranch, which raises livestock traditionally, humanely and sustainably to produce the finest tasting meat in the world. Available at Levine Marketplace, Stetson West Eatery and International Village Residential dining.
Niman Ranch Beef Is
- Never given antibiotics – ever
- Never given added hormones – ever
- Fed only the finest all-vegetarian feeds
- 100% of Niman Ranch cattle are born, bred, raised and processed in the US.
- Humanely raised on environmentally sustainable US Family ranches
Sustainable Ranching Techniques
- Animals raised on natural pastures
- Ranchers maintain small herds and practice rotational grazing to prevent soil erosion.
- Family ranchers are involved with the day to day activities of raising their livestock: therefore, they have a greater stake in the quality of the end product.
Locally Ground Product right here in Massachusetts
- Niman Ranch beef ground fresh at Dole & Bailey Inc. Woburn MA.
Princeton Review's 2013 Green Rating - We Made Honor Roll!!
We are proud to announce that Northeastern University is on the Princeton Review's "2013 Green Rating Honor Roll" list for the FOURTH year in a row, which is a list that salutes the institutions that received the highest possible score "99" in this year's rating tallies.
Red's Best Partnership
We are excited to announce our new partnership with Red's Best, an operations management company that works exclusively with local fishermen, that will bring seafood fresh from the local waters off the coast of New England. Red's Best innovative technology and logistics platform streamlines and accelerates seafood transactions, reducing costs and time between fishermen and consumers. In addition, by sourcing only seafood from "day-boats" - boats that only go out for single-day trips - you know the fish has not been sitting in a boat's hold for a week before even being landed. Because of these factors, each catch is handled by less middlemen, thus reducing transaction costs, and drastically reduces the time between catching the fish to serving it on your plate.
Southeastern Massachusetts Agricultural Partnership
Dining Services is now affiliated with Southeastern Massachusetts Agricultural Partnership. SEMAP is dedicated to preserving and expanding access to local food and sustainable farming in Southeastern Massachusetts through research and education. SEMAP works with farmers and the community to keep working farmland in production. In addition to protecting our existing regional food supply, safeguarding working farmland maintains a way of life and a treasured landscape.
The Princeton Review’s Guide to 322 Green Colleges
Northeastern is among the institutions recognized in “The Princeton Review’s Guide to 322 Green Colleges,” which profiles 320 institutions of higher education in the United States and two in Canada that demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainability in their academic offerings, campus infrastructure, activities, and career preparation.
Certified Green Restaurants®
Three Star Certified
International Village was the first College/University dining room in the United States to earn both the Three Star Certified Green Restaurant® Distinction and LEED Gold Status.
International Village is:
- The only LEED Gold and 3 Star Certified Green Restaurant in New England
- The only university in the country with a LEED Gold and 3 Star Certified Green Restaurant
Two Star Certified
- Argo Tea
- Matthews Concessions
- Levine Marketplace and Stetson West Eatery
- Kigo Kitchen
- On The Go
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
- Sweet Tomatoes Pizza
- Taco Bell Express
- The West End
- Faculty Club
What Makes Us Green?
- Waste reduction
- Energy efficient lighting
- Green building/construction
- Energy & water efficient equipment
- Use of compostable disposables
- Food: use of local produce and fruit, sustainable seafood, cage free eggs, reduced antibiotic pork, poultry produced without routine use of antibiotics, rBST free milk
- Serving fair trade bananas, coffee and tea
- Serving pasture raised ground beef